At BizNurture Financial Services Limited (“BizNurture”, “we”, “us” or “our”), we value our customers and stakeholders. We therefore consider it a privilege that you are willing to trust us with your personal information (“personal data” or “data”). Recognising the magnitude of this responsibility, we commit to keeping your information confidential and will only share it if we are legally required to do so, if we must do so in order to fulfill our agreement with you or if you have given your consent. We are dedicated to protecting all personal information you share with us as you interact with our website and other service points.
Purpose of the Policy
Scope of the Policy
This Policy applies to users of BizNurture’s services anywhere in the world, including users of our websites, blogs, apps or other services.
Information we collect
The information we collect during the loan application and account set up process are as follows:
- Company / business name, names and means of identification of proprietors or directors and shareholders as applicable, username and password.
- Company / business name registration number, date of incorporation, bank account details and Tax Identification number.
- Company address, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Bank Verification Number.
- Company / business name bank statement and bank statement of proprietors or directors as applicable.
The information we collect when you interact with our sales, credit risk management or support team include the following;
- Information or complaint regarding our services so as to enable us assist you.
- Information or data about your business to enable us confirm suitability of a particular product for your business or advise on which of our products best suits your business requirements.
We may also collect information such as your name, email address, phone number and the medium through which you heard about us through the use of customer surveys for the purpose of improving our services to you.
Use of Your Personal Information
This information is collected for the following reasons:
- Providing services.
We use the data we collect to provide, personalize and maintain our products and services. This includes using the data to:
- Adequately identify your company and ascertain its existence under applicable laws;
- Assess applications for our products and services;
- Communicate with you about your account and the services we provide to you;
- Contact you, for example in instances we suspect fraud or illegality or when the need arises to tell you about internal changes within BizNurture or some event(s) of significance;
- Review credit or loan eligibility;
- Prevent money laundering or terrorism financing activities;
- Comply with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors;
- Identify and inform you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Process your job application if you apply for a job with us;
- Comply with laws applicable to our business.
- Research and development.
We may use the data we collect for research and product development to improve your user experience. This helps us to improve the quality of our service and product offerings to you.
BizNurture may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about BizNurture’s services, features, promotions, surveys, news, updates and events.
If you do not want to continue receiving any marketing materials from us, you may communicate this to us via recommended options.
- Recovery, legal proceedings and requirements.
We would use the personal data we collect from you to facilitate recovery of our funds in instances where there is a default to the terms of our loan agreement with you. We may also use your personal data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of BizNurture’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Principles guiding our use of your personal data
The collection and use of personal data by BizNurture is guided by certain principles. These principles state that personal data should:
- be processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner;
- be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with such purposes;
- be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary to fulfil the purpose of processing;
- be accurate and where necessary, up-to-date. In the event data is inaccurate, steps should be taken to rectify or erase such data;
- not be kept for longer than necessary for the purpose of processing;
- be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights;
- be kept safe from unauthorised processing, and accidental loss, damage or destruction using adequate technical and organizational measures.
We sometimes use automated systems and software to help us reach decisions about you, for example, to make credit decisions, to carry out security, fraud and money laundering checks, or to process your data when you apply for some of our products and services. This type of processing is carried out under lawful basis and you can contact us to request that automated processing be reviewed by a human being if you detect any inaccuracies in your personal data.
Information We Share
We may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent permitted by law, with the following:
- Government Regulators/Supervisors;
- Government Agencies/courts - It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for BizNurture to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate;
- External Auditors;
- Our staff;
- Credit Bureaux;
- BizNurture’s strategic partners/service providers – for the purpose of improving and providing our products and services to you. Your Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce terms and conditions of the services we render to you or protect our operations or other users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We have implemented appropriate security measures to help protect your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. These measures include:
- Technological security measures, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, fire walls, encryption and anti-virus software;
- Training of staff on personal data management and security especially in the area of social engineering, phishing, spear phishing, and password risks;
- Restriction of personal information access to staff strictly on a 'need to know' basis;
- External technical assessments, security audits and vendor due diligence;
- Real-time monitoring of data leakage controls;
- Layered and comprehensive cybersecurity defences;
- Security incident reporting and management.
However, it is necessary for you to always maintain the confidentiality of your information and your customer data, by keeping your password confidential and not disclosing it to any other person.
Please let us know right away if you think that your account has been compromised or misused.
Where We Store Your Information
How Long We Store Your Information
We retain your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) that it was collected. Storage of your data is also determined by legal, regulatory, administrative or operational requirements. We only retain information that allows us to comply with legal and regulatory requests for certain data, meet business and audit requirements, respond to complaints and queries, or address disputes or claims that may arise. Data which is not retained is securely destroyed when it is identified that is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
You have the following rights with respect to the personal data you provide us:
- The right to access your personal information held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com;
- The right to edit information submitted during the loan application process;
- The right to restrict or object to processing of your personal data. We might continue to process your data if there are valid legal or operational reasons to do so;
- The right to request that a copy of your personal data be made available to you in a common electronic format and/or request that such data be sent to a third party;
- The right to request that your information be deleted. We might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reasons;
- The right to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal information (to the extent such processing is based on consent).
We erase/delete personal data in the event of any of the following:
- The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed;
- You withdraw your consent or object to the processing and there is no overriding lawful basis for the processing;
- The personal data was unlawfully collected or processed in the first place;
- In compliance with the National Information Technology Development Agencyor any other lawful directive.
Remedies in case of breaches of your rights
If you feel at any time that your rights under as stated in this Policy and as contained in the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation have been breached, please do not hesitate to contact us using the information provided below. We promise to treat all such complaints within 30 days. Where you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to report to the relevant data protection authority in your place of residence.
Maintaining Accurate Information
If you discover any inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify us, via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the required documentary evidence, to enable us to implement the necessary updates or changes.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Our products and services may use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details is governed by their privacy practices and BizNurture will not be liable for any breach of confidentiality or privacy of your information on such sites. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Sensitive Personal Data
We do not knowingly collect names, email addresses or any other personally identifiable information from children. We do not knowingly market to children nor do we allow children under 18 to apply for loans.
How to contact us
BizNurture’’s Website may use “cookies” that may collect personal information of users.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or mobile device by websites and mobile applications. They enable the website to tag your device and recognize it as you move around the site (and potentially when you return at a later date) so that, for example, you do not have to re-enter your password each time you move between pages of the website.
- Telling us which part(s) of our website have been visited;
- Enabling us to measure the effectiveness of advertisements and other web activities;
- Remembering user preferences and settings;
- Diagnosing user problems;
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services.
Can I turn off cookies?
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your web browser to disable cookies. As explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of our website. If you decide to disable cookies, you may find that certain aspects of our website do not work as expected.